Tuesday, November 14, 2006

How to Approach the Subject of a Blind Date

This is the hilariously sneaky email my mom sent to me yesterday. At first I thought it was one of those goofy forwards, until I realized she actually made this up out of her head and was seriously trying to set me up! It was just too good not to put on the blog!
*Also, names have been changed to protect the innocent


M.O.S.D., Inc (Mothers of Single Daughters, Inc) is a non-profit organization devoted to being on the lookout for potential (cute) suitors. Following is an anonymous survey we request you (heretofore un-named daughter) fill out.

1.If heretofore un-named mother were to encounter a potential suitor for heretofore un-named daughter, would said party choose A, B, or C:
A.I am not even slightly interested - mind your own business.
B.I am slightly interested - tell me more.
C.I don't care if he's a monkey, I'll date him. (heretofore un-named mother is pretty sure this choice would not even be close!)

2.If heretofore un-named daughter chose B, read on.

3.Heretofore un-named mother has friend (Bobby Joe's* nephew) to be described as follows:
-lives in Coppell (very close to heretofore daughter's work place - possible lunch encounter comes to mind?)
- heretofore mother has seen said nephew and...very cute!
- said nephew's profession is believed to be advertising (currently interviewing w/Fox News or something to that affect)
- said nephew comes from a Christian family and attends church
- according to all reports, said nephew has an excellent sense of humor
- said nephew is not dating anyone seriously at the moment and according to the secondary heretofore un-named mother belonging to M.O.S.D., Inc, is usually open to (oh, no...the dreaded words...) a BLIND DATE! Ahhhh!

M.O.S.D., Inc is not responsible for any happy ever afters or dates from h--- connected with this survey. Thank you for considering our survey.

No comments: