Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One More Time...

So even though building myself a little window bench cheered me up temporarily, I was still disappointed about my poor drowned flowers. Obviously the orange impatien was long gone, and the white one was quickly on it's way out. So in effort to save my bright and joyful flowering balcony vision, I bought a clay pot for a whole dollar and decorated it and moved the little white flower to the pot so it could grow up on it's own. I guess it just didn't like sharing a box with other flowers cuz it's now happy and starting to bloom again!


Then I bought a second impatien to replace the dead orange one and the transplanted white one...the new one is light pink and I now have a whole box of pink flowers. (Yes, Crys McDonald, 2 pink tshirts and now pink flowers. Who is this person?).


Then I had a big black pot from my brother's wedding and I still needed to fill the orange impatien void, so I bought an orange hibiscus bush that I LOVE! It blooms every morning in about an hour and the blooms last only a day and then they wilt when the sun goes down, you can almost watch it happen! It's the craziest thing.


So finally, I have the fabulous peaceful colorful balcony that I wanted! I have my quiet times on the balcony with my cup of coffee and watch the sunrise and it's the best part of my day.

Disclaimer: It should also be noted that when I first started this project, I was all set and ready to head to home depot that weekend when I had this big car expense pop up that I hadn't planned on and had to spend the money on that instead. I was so bummed that I wouldn't be able to buy all my flower supplies, but then Preston drove me to home depot that night and bought all the stuff for me to get started! Not only was I super excited about them, but I also had a super sweet boyfriend on top of everything else. You just can't beat that! Thanks again babe :)

No comments: