Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Caved.

Let me start this post by saying I love Christmas. I love everything about it, including Christmas music. But, I also LOVE fall! And while Christmas is my favorite holiday, fall is definitely my favorite season. So because of that, I am morally opposed to Christmas celebrations before Thanksgiving. Fall in Texas is short enough, do we really have to make it that much shorter? I mean if you start celebrating Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving, that gives you a good solid MONTH of celebration, what more could you want? I am generally tolerant of some Christmas preparation before Thanksgiving, however I have one major peeve...when radio stations begin playing NONSTOP Christmas music weeks before Thanksgiving even begins!! And it's not even that Christmas music bothers me before turkey day, but nonstop? For weeks upon weeks? Really? Don't miss fall!! Don't miss Thanksgiving!!
That is my typical rant.
Until this weekend.

This weekend, as I am out running errands, I realize the radio has NOTHING good to play. Every station has about 4 songs they've played over and over and I can't take it anymore. So I flip thru other stations looking for something that doesn't suck. And I find 103.7 klty...playing...you guessed it...nonstop Christmas music. And I cave. I listen to the Christmas music. And I love it. It's cold outside, the holidays are coming, and I should jingle some bells! I didn't listen to it all freaking day mind you, but I listened, and I enjoyed it!
And now I'm ready for some turkey.

No comments: