Tuesday, August 09, 2005

NYC Rules...Part 2

SO on with the rest of the trip...after our exciting night of stoned llamas, ear splitting singing, and constipation impressions, we still had two full days in New York left! On Tuesday we took the ferry out to the Statue of Liberty and saw the girl in green herself as well as the Brooklyn Bridge. Very cool. That took most of the afternoon. On the way back we stopped to see Ground Zero. Very big hole. Kinda crazy though when you think those towers were twice as tall as any building anywhere...and there were some really tall buildings! Absolutely incredible. By that time, we all had to surgically reattach our feet to our legs! There was a man with 911 pictures telling people stories about that day and he said that every piece of glass within 8 blocks was completely shattered just from the force of the explosion...every window, ceiling, car windshield, everything. Wow.

That night Michael and Jami caught "Phantom of the Opera" which Jami thought was amazing, but Michael was not very fond of all the singing. hehehe. News flash....phantom of the OPERA...nevermind. He did admit to enjoying it though. Wednesday morning consisted of Little Italy and Chinatown, and Wednesday afternoon we went to Central Park and met back up with Lloyd Floyd who showed us around the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That guy knows everything about everything.

Wednesday night we got to see "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels", my first Broadway show!!! (I know I know, I've been working in theatre my whole life and never actually seen a real Broadway show...pathetic.) IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!!! Absolutely hilarious. It starred John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun), Joanna Gleason (She occasionally guest appearances on Friend's as Rachel's boss) and Norbert Leo Butz who none of you know but he won the Tony for Best Actor this year for this show and he's officially my new favorite actor! He was just SO GOOD! I could go one for about 6 more paragraphs about how good it was but chances are, very few people who read this are going to read 6 paragraphs about theatre so I'll restrain myself. After the show, we waited by the stage door to get their autographs and pictures!! Me and Jami were in heaven. Jason and Michael thought it was cool. They really like the show too, even though they might not admit it ;)

Wednesday was definately my favorite day. I love Norbert. I love Broadway. I'm so moving. ;)
Ok that's all for now, stay tuned to Crys's stinkin' cool blog to hear about the rest in the next episode of NYC RULES!

No comments: