Friday, October 07, 2005

Crystal Cathey

This Wednesday October 5th marked the 2-year anniversary of when one of my best friends from high school, Crystal Cathey, passed away in a car accident. I can't beleive it's been two whole years already...it seems like only yesterday that I was graduating college. Then again, I can't believe two years is all it's been, it seems like so long ago. Funny how the brain works like that.
I went to visit her grave yesterday (and let me tell you how surreal it is to see your own name on a gravestone...). I can still remember what it looked like on this day two years ago...the cars that lined the street, the tent over her coffin with all the flowers. I could look at different places in the ground that now are nothing but tufts of grass, and say "that's where Blake was standing....that's where her parents were sitting..."

But on the other hand, it was only a few weeks later that I attended my very first hometeam at Fellowship church. Interesting how a memory with so much sorrow can be attached to one with so much joy! I really can't believe it's been two years at Fellowship. The friends and relationships I have made here haven't been like anything else in my life. I treasure those people and those relationships so much and I would surely give anything for any one of them! I can't even put into words how meaningful they are to me. So to all my brothers and sisters in Christ who are also my very best friends in the whole wide world...I love you so much! Thank you so much for everything you've done in my life over the past two years that I have known you...and drive safely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always look at the loss of a dear friend as either; I can't believe it has been so long, or I can't believe it has only been. I understand how difficult it is and I admire your upbet spirit and your christlike outlook. You are a wonderful leader.

Anonymous said...

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Ditto on the upbeat spirit/wonderful leader bit. It's quite encouraging to see someone both driven to make positive changes in their own life and compelled to make a similar, significant impact on others as well. Thank you for all of the hard work and God Bless. Keep smiling! It is contagious.

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Anonymous said...

Did you know there is a Crystal city in South Texas? Hmm, imagine that... a whole city dedicated to you... Miss Crystal. BLing BLong