Sunday, January 21, 2007

Just My Opinion

Guys, valentines day (or what I like to call "Single Awareness Day") is less than a month away. Do you have a crush on a girl that you want to ask out? Please, oh please, let me give you some advice. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, under any circumstances, ask her out in an email. OR a text message. The phone is barely acceptable. Be a man and ask her out in person...if she's as great as you think she is, she deserves it. Asking a girl out over the computer or text message is a cop out. You've just failed at your very first task as her potential future boyfriend...which does nothing to boost her confidence that you will have the courage it will take to actually BE her future boyfriend. And don't beat around the bush till she asks you out, either. Step up and be a man! My personal philosophy is that I don't care if you are Brad Pitt, if you ask me out in an email or text message, the answer is no. And I guarantee that any other girl worth your time will be similarly disappointed if you do.
Just my opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...if a guy wants to see you Friday night, and it's Monday...what happens if he can't see you before Friday to ask you out in person? Should he call you first before he comes over...but wouldn't that that in and of itself constitute setting up a date to meet...?

See the predicament we men are in? This whole "how to ask a girl out appropriately" is, as a wise sage would say, "Incontheivable!"